All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this new text, designed for sophomores studying mathematics and computer science, the authors cover the basics of difference equations and some of their applications in computing and in population biology. Each chapter leads to techniques that can be applied by hand to small examples or programmed for larger problems. Along the way, the reader will use linear algebra and graph theory, develop formal power series, solve combinatorial problems, visit Perron-Frobenius theory, discuss pseudorandom number generation and integer factorization, and apply the Fast Fourier Transform to multiply polymials quickly. The book contains many worked examples and over 250 exercises. While these exercises are accessible to students and have been class-tested, they also suggest further problems and possible research topics.
- Author(s)Mary E. Flahive,Paul Cull,Robby Robson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/11/2014
- Series TitleUndergraduate Texts in Mathematics
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight623 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $191.05New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.