All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Jensen truly understands what educators need to kw to provide the opportunities for success that every child needs' - Gerard Dery, Principal Nessacus Regional Middle School, Dalton, MA 'This is the book that teachers will keep by their desk for quick reference, ideas, inspiration, and hope' - Mary Beth Cary, Teacher, Worth County Primary School, Sylvester, GA Different learners have different ways of learning, but when students are exposed to chronic stress, trauma, or drugs, or when a student's brain is impacted by developmental delays, abrmality, or chemical imbalances, academic achievement is threatened. Educators need to be able to understand the symptoms and make appropriate adjustments in the classroom. Updated throughout and packed with powerful tools and strategies to help learners improve brain function, this full-colour guide presents a concise outline for identifying prevalent impairments such as oppositional disorder, learned helplessness, attention deficit disorder, dyslexia, dyscalculia, depression, auditory processing deficits, and more. With this reference, teachers can guide students with learning difficulties more effectively and be able to: - Recognize the most common conditions that challenge learners - Accommodate the specific learning needs of students with learning impairments - Minimize disruptions for other students The second edition of Different Brains, Different Learners helps teachers become facilitators of successful interventions that can turn at-risk students into confident achievers.
- Author BiographyEric Jensen is a former teacher and current member of the Society for Neuroscience and New York Academy of Sciences. He has taught at all levels, from elementary through university level and is currently completing his PhD in human development. In 1981, Jensen cofounded SuperCamp, the nation's first and largest brain-compatible learning program, now with over 50,000 graduates. He has since written Teaching with the Brain in Mind, Brain-Based Learning, Deeper Learning, Arts with the Brain in Mind, Enriching the Brain, and 21 other books on learning and the brain. A leader in the brain-based movement, Jensen has made over 45 visits to neuroscience labs and interacts with countless neuroscientists. He was the founder of the Learning Brain EXPO and has trained educators and trainers for 25 years worldwide in this field. He is deeply committed to making a positive, significant, lasting difference in the way we learn.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/12/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byEric P. Jensen
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.