Differential Equations: A Primer for Scientists and Engineers by Christian Constanda (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $57.55Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $103.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDifferential Equations for Scientists and Engineers is a book designed with students in mind. It attempts to take a concise, simple, and -frills approach to differential equations. The approach used in this text is to give students extensive experience in main solution techniques with a lighter emphasis on the physical interpretation of the results. With a more manageable page count than comparable titles, and over 400 exercises that can be solved without a calculating device, this book emphasizes the understanding and practice of essential topics in a succinct fashion. At the end of each worked example, the author provides the Mathematica commands that can be used to check the results and where applicable, to generate graphical representations. It can be used independently by the average student, while those continuing with the subject will develop a fundamental framework with which to pursue more advanced material. This book is designed for undergraduate students with some basic kwledge of precalculus algebra and a first course in calculus.
- Author BiographyBorn and educated in Romania, Prof. Constanda is Emeritus Professor from the University of Strathclyde in Glasgow, Scotland. Christian Constanda currently holds the Charles W. Oliphant Endowed Chair in Mathematical Sciences at the University of Tulsa and the directorship of the Center for Boundary Integral Methods. He has been a prolific author/editor for Birkhauser and for Springer for many years. Constanda has authored several successful texts with CRC press and other publishers as well. His most recent Springer Copernicus title Dude, Can you Count? has sold 848 copies to date. Other authored volumes with Springer include Variational and Potential Methods for a Class of Linear Hyperbolic Evolutionary Processes (SMM). Prof. Constanda has published several edited volumes with Birkhauser.
- Author(s)Christian Constanda
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/05/2013
- Series TitleSpringer Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics and Technology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note30 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight725 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.