All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIntended for upper undergraduate or beginning graduate students, this book introduces students to the modern theory of manifolds. Assuming a basic knowledge of the differential geometry of curves and surfaces the focus is on differentiable manifolds and the study of Riemannian manifolds. The book concludes with applications of manifolds to physics. Exercises at the end of each section and appendices on topology and linear algebra make this book ideal for self-study or as a textbook.
- Author BiographyStephen Lovett is an associate professor of mathematics at Wheaton College in Illinois. Lovett has also taught at Eastern Nazarene College and has taught introductory courses on differential geometry for many years. Lovett has traveled extensively and has given many talks over the past several years on differential and algebraic geometry, as well as cryptography.
- Author(s)Stephen T. Lovett
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication07/01/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNatick
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintA K Peters
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight929 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.