All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Jane Kise's Differentiated Coaching aligns with the fundamental belief of coaching in the other person's ability to generate solutions and continuously improve and grow. In our world of fast change and results which often minimizes relationships and produces little change, this book illuminates the importance of intentionally kwing and caring about those we (coach)' - Kathryn Kee, Leadership Coach & Consultant, Coaching School Results, Inc., Past President, National Staff Development Council 'This is an outstanding book which has the potential to help educators make significant positive changes in staff development and teaching. I w have an understanding of why specific behaviors are observed during staff development and why it often does t promote real change. This book is a 'must read' for all educators who want to successfully help others in their schools improve their practices' - Charles F. Adamchik, Jr., Corporate Director of Curriculum, Learning Sciences International Change is hard work, even when we are convinced it's worth the effort. Teachers are expected to change without clear explanations or evidence of how the changes will benefit them or their students. Meaningful change is most likely to occur when teachers' beliefs, feelings, and personality are taken into consideration. Differentiated Coaching applies the latest research and theory of personality type, multiple intelligences, experiential learning models, and mind styles models to create a differentiated approach for staff development. This invative resource touches on six key elements: o A common framework for unbiased reflection on education o Teachers' strengths and beliefs about teaching and learning o Information and evidence that can influence those beliefs o The needs of the teacher during change o The relationship of what is being learned to the problem the teacher wants to solve in the classroom o The value of creating an environment for deep, reflective collaboration among teachers When teachers understand how their strengths and beliefs may lock them into practices that limit freedom to help students succeed, they can begin to entertain fresh possibilities and stay open to new avenues for professional growth.
- Author BiographyJane Kise, an educational consultant with extensive experience in leadership, instructional coaching, differentiation, and effective mathematics instruction, is considered a worldwide expert in Jungian type and its impact on leadership and education. The author of over 20 books, she works with schools and businesses, facilitating the creation of environments where everyone-leaders, teachers and students-can flourish. She trains educators around the world on coaching, collaborative practices, effective change processes, and differentiated instruction, especially in mathematics. A frequent conference keynote speaker, her past engagements include education conferences and type conferences across the United States and in Europe, Saudi Arabia, Australia and New Zealand. Jane has also written articles for several magazines and has received awards for her differentiated coaching research. Jane currently teaches doctoral courses in education leadership for the University of St. Thomas and is a past faculty member of the Center for Applications of Psychological Type. She served as President of the Association for Psychological Type International. She holds an MBA from the Carlson School of Management and a doctorate in Education Leadership from the University of St. Thomas. She is certified in Neuroscience and Jungian Personality, is a MBTI (R) Master Practitioner qualified to use MBTI Steps I, II and III, and is certified in emotional intelligence instruments and leadership 360 tools. You can read more about her work at www.janekise.com.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication28/03/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byJane A. G. Kise
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.