All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDifferentiated instruction (DI) has been shown to maximize both learning and neural development for students of diverse backgrounds and abilities, but to date, DI has been easier to implement in elementary grades than in upper grades. I have too much content to cover ; My district requires me to follow a prescribed text ; I'm good at lecturing ; I can't see how I would grade all those different assignments ; I don't kw how ; I thought I was differentiating --all these are important reasons that high school teachers offer as obstacles to DI implementation. Solution strategies for those obstacles and others is the focus of this important new teaching guide by Kathie Nunley, originator of the Layered Curriculum(TM) method for teaching in mixed ability classrooms. Using common sense, wisdom, humor, and the latest brain research, Nunley offers supportive solutions for each problem; examples and scenarios illustrating the solutions in action; and a collection of new ideas for teachers to try as they begin differentiating content, process, assignments, and assessments in their classrooms. This easy-to-navigate guide is sure to be a welcome and timely new resource for high school teachers, curriculum designers, instructional leaders, and pre-service students of secondary methods.
- Author BiographyKathie F. Nunley delights teachers from around the world with her practical solutions to the challenges of today's diverse classrooms. With more than 15 years of high school classroom teaching experience in both urban and suburban schools, she is the developer of the Layered Curriculum method of instruction. Nunley is a noted speaker at state, national, and international conferences and has authored several books and articles on brain biology and teaching in the mixed-ability classroom.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication02/02/2006
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byKathie F. Nunley
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.63Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.