All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new edition of the first full-length collection of poems by award-winning writer Rose Solari provides an important window into the origins and early influences of this w-established poet and velist. Though most of these poems are set in Washington, DC, and its less affluent suburbs, their lyrical, often elegiac depictions of family and neighborhood life, first love and first losses, will be sure to touch anyone who, like Solari, grew up in a place more interesting than safe. In selecting Difficult Weather for the Columbia Book Award, Carolyn Forche, w Director of the Lannan Center for Poetry, said of Solari, Her language is by turns raw and lumius, her perceptions uncommonly acute, and her vision at once incisive and compassionate. Michael Collier, Director of the Bread Loaf Writer's Center, wrote that she is a poet of passion and precision...Difficult Weather will delight and surprise us all. This edition features a new introduction by poet and translator Katherine E. Young, who places Solari's early work in a national context, and traces some of the poet's most powerful influences, such as the work of Anne Sexton. Its publication, timed to coincide with that of Solari's third poetry collection, The Last Girl, insures that all of Solari's published poetry collections are w in print, for her fans to savor and for new readers to discover.
- Author BiographyRose Solari's awards include an Academy of American Poets' University prize, The Randall Jarrell Poetry Prize, The Columbia Book Award for poetry, and an EMMA award for excellence in journalism.
- Author(s)Rose Solari
- PublisherSanta Fe Writers Project
- Date of Publication01/11/2014
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSanta Fe Writers Project
- Weight136 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Foreword byKatherine K. Young
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.66Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $20.79
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.92
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.