Difficult and Complicated Cases in Refractive Surgery by Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG (Mixed media product, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $254.69+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $227.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis richly illustrated book is intended as a gold standard for the refractive surgeon. It complements the authors' successful previous book, Management of Complications in Refractive Surgery, by providing detailed practical information on the management of specific cases. Worldwide leaders in the field document a wide range of challenging cases drawn from their own clinical practice. These cases relate to the planning of refractive laser treatment; intra operative complications when using LASIK (Microkeratome and Femtosecond) and various surface treatments, including PRK, PTK and EpiLASIK; early and late postoperative complications with these treatments and a range of other complications that may arise during or after refractive surgery. This book will be an indispensable aid for the refractive surgeon and will assist in decision making when the surgeon is confronted by a difficult case.
- Author BiographyJorge L. Alio, MD, PhD, is Professor and Chairman of Ophthalmology and Medical Director of the Alicante Institute of Ophthalmology at the University of Miguel Hernandez, Alicante, Spain. He is also founder of the VISSUM Corporation, comprising 40 clinics in Spain and founder of the Jorge Alio Foundation for the Prevention of Blindness. Dr. Alio has conducted extensive research work in various areas of ophthalmology and has been the Director of 57 doctoral theses. He has authored almost 400 original articles in indexed peer review journals as well as more than 200 book chapters. He is the author, editor, or co-editor of 71 books and has given over 1000 presentations at international scientific congresses. He has received 58 awards for clinical and research work, 21 of them at an international level. In 2011, Dr. Alio received the prestigious Gran Collar Rey Alfonso III in Madrid. He was co-founder of the International Ocular Inflammation Society, and its Chairman until 1998 and then Secretary to the present day. He has served on the editorial boards of many journals, including the Journal of Refractive Surgery, Journal of Cataract and Refractive Surgery, European Journal of Ophthalmology, and British Journal of Ophthalmology. Dimitri T. Azar, MD, MBA, is Interim Dean of the College of Medicine, Professor and Head of the Department of Ophthalmology, and B.A. Field Endowed Chair of Ophthalmologic Research at the University of Il linois a t Chicago. Prior to his appointment at the University of Illinois, he served as Professor of Ophthalmology at Harvard Medical School from 2003 to 2006, as well as Senior Scientist at the Schepens Eye Research Institute. Dr. Azar has received many awards and honors during his distinguished career, including the American Academy of Ophthalmology Honor Award in 1998, the American Academy of Ophthalmology Senior Achievement Award in 2004, and the Lans Distinguished Award from the International Society of Refractive Surgery in 2009. In 1996, assisted by Dr. J.C. Abad, Dr. Azar performed the first LASEK procedure worldwide. Dr. Azar has received research funding for a wide range of projects and is the holder of a large number of patents. He has served on several journal editorial boards, including currently that of Investigative Ophthalmology and Visual Science. Dr. Azar is the editor or associate editor of 14 books (with a further three in preparation), ca. 150 original research articles in peer-reviewed publications, and numerous other book chapters and reviews.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 285 colour illustrations, 8 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1243 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byAlessandro Abbouda,Amr El Aswad,Dr. Dimitri T. Azar,Jorge L. Alio
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.