All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis second edition is extensively revised from the author's successful A Primer of Diffusion Problems (Wiley, 1988), and includes new exercises, three new appendices, and a new chapter on surface rate limitation and segregation. The goal of Diffusion Phemena remains the same, which is to teach basic aspects of and methods of solution for diffusion phemena through physical examples. In this introductory text, the emphasisis placed on modeling and methodology that bridge the gap between physico-chemical statements of certain kinetic processes and their reduction to diffusion problems. This concise and readable, yet authoritative book will appeal to physicists, chemists, biologists, and applied mathematicians studying diffusion regardless of origin of the phemena or application.
- Author BiographyRichard Ghez worked for more than twenty years in IBM's T.J. Watson Research Center, and has been teaching in the Technion's Department of Materials Science for the past fifteen years. He has served as an Editor for the Journal of Crystal Growth, and is the author of approximately 100 scientific papers.
- Author(s)Richard Ghez
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight473 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2001
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.