About this product
- DescriptionThe sky s the limit in the third Digby O Day adventure from the talented mother-daughter pair of author Shirley Hughes and illustrator Clara Vulliamy. Digby O Day and his best friend, Percy, are headed to the air show to see gliders, helicopters, and hot-air balloons. Ariel, the new pet parrot of insufferable neighbor Lou Ella, sneaks out to tag along. But when the friends get to the air show, they tice that Lou Ella has followed them. They hide, but unfortunately, they re crouched in the basket of a hot-air balloon, and one big gust of wind sets the balloon flying. Between Digby s fear of heights and Percy s hungry tummy, they ve got problems and then a big storm rumbles in. Can the trio find a way to land the balloon safely? And if they do, will Ariel have to return to his perch at Lou Ella s house, or is there a better option? Daring readers will love soaring into the wild blue yonder with these clever characters, and when they ve finished reading, they can engage in the included games and activities featuring Digby and his friends.
- Author BiographyShirley Hughes, a two-time recipient of the Kate Greenaway Medal, has written and/or illustrated more than two hundred books for children. The author of two previous Digby O Day books as well as Hero on a Bicycle, she is also the author-illustrator of Out and About: A First Book of Poems, Daisy Saves the Day, Bobbo Goes to School, The Christmas Eve Ghost, and Don t Want to Go! She lives in London. Clara Vulliamy began her career illustrating for newspapers and magazines but switched to children s books after having children of her own. The illustrator of two previous Digby O Day tales, she lives in England.
- Author(s)Shirley Hughes
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication02/08/2016
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Weight295 g
- Width130 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Clara Vulliamy
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.