All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMatthew, a young Australian soldier, smuggles his beloved dog, Digger, onto the troop ship when he leaves to fight in World War One. At the front, Matthew works as a stretcher-bearer and Digger helps him rescue the wounded. Together, they face the triumphs and tragedies of the Western Front. Based on the true story of Driver, a puppy that was smuggled onto an Australian troop ship during World War One, this heartfelt story shows that the bond of love and devotion between a man and his dog cant be broken, even by the tragedy of war.
- Author BiographyAcclaimed author/illustrator Mark Wilson's picture books include the war-themed series, MY MOTHER'S EYES: THE STORY OF A BOY SOLDIER (2009), ANGEL OF KOKODA (2010) and VIETNAM DIARY (2013), and the art-themed books BEN & GRACIE'S ART ADVENTURE (2011) and INSIDE THE WORLD OF TOM ROBERTS (2012). His other titles include the Wilderness Society and Whitley Award-winning Extinction series I SAW NOTHING: THE EXTINCTION OF THE THYLACINE; I SAID NOTHING: THE EXTINCTION OF THE PARADISE PARROT and I DID NOTHING: THE EXTINCTION OF THE GASTRIC BROODING FROG and YELLOW-EYE (2002), which also won the Wilderness Society Award. Mark lives in Frankston, Victoria.
- Author(s)Mark Wilson
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication10/03/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2015
- ImprintLothian Children's Books
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight460 g
- Width267 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.