All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- Description* A band of Nazi archaeologists on a secret mission to Tibet* Others searching for Atlantis the 'home of the Nordic race'* Excavations in Czechoslovakia to find 'Germanic culture'* Sacred Sanskrit texts as keys to Nordic roots and Ancient Indian civilizationDuring the 1930s, in the build up to World War II, the Nazis established a band of specialists, the SS-Ahnenerbe, under the command of Heinrich Himmler and Hermann Wirth. Their aim was thing less than to prove the superiority of the Aryan race, and with it the unique right of the German people to rule Europe. The occult figured as a key feature in many of these increasingly desperate quack research efforts. Part science, part espionage, and part fantasy. Archaeological expeditions were sent to Iceland, Tibet, Kafiristan, North Africa, Russia, the Far East, Egypt, and even South America and the Arctic.The Nazi Ancestral Heritage Society's chief administrator was Dr. Wolfram Sievers, who cruelly conducted medical experiments on prisoners in concentration camps, and was responsible for the looting of historic artefacts considered Germanic for return to Germany.He rewarded those academics that took part with high military office, whilst those academics who contradicted or criticized the SS-Anenerbe were carted off to concentration camps where they faced certain death. This book tells the true history of the real life villains behind the Indiana Jones movies. Sometimes truth really is stranger than fiction!
- Author BiographyDr David Barrowclough is a historian and archaeologist at the University of Cambridge. He has a special interest in the role that archaeology played in supporting Nazi ideology in 1930s Germany, a topic that he has researched extensively. He is author of a number of academic and popular books on archaeology and history and has acted as archaeological consultant for the BBC.
- Author(s)David Barrowclough
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note70 black and white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.