Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionA digital audio workstation (DAW) is a PC or Macintosh equipped with sound cards and software for editing and processing digital audio. A properly outfitted computer can w function like a sophisticated recording studio, using plug-ins and special software to create recording-studio quality sound on the desktop, and then allowing users to edit and process that sound to perfection. DAWs are t only revolutionizing the way music is recorded, but allow new forms of electronic music, created entirely in the computer, to be written and recorded on the desktop.The Digital Audio Workstation Studio , by rewned digital music expert Colby Lieder, will be the first book to teach the complete DAW process, from outfitting your computer with the necessary hardware and software, recording with the proper microphones, using DAW power to create perfectly modulated mixes, to finally mastering down into a completely professional finished product. With this book, a computer, and a little imagination, any musician can create utterly professional music CDs, DVDs, or streamed audio.
- Author BiographyColby N. Leider is a noted composer, inventor of audio control equipment, instrument builder, and one of the world's leading authorities on digital audio workstations. With degrees in electroacoustic music and music composition from Princeton and Dartmouth, he currently teaches at the University of Miami, Florida, as an Assistant Professor of Music Engineering. Leider also holds a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from the University of Texas at Austin. A leading figure in digital music, he has presented compositions throughout the world, written numerous articles and papers, and presented research on a variety of digital audio topics at leading professional gatherings.
- Author(s)Colby Leider
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/07/2004
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note75
- Weight807 g
- Width185 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.