Digital Cityscapes: Merging Digital and Urban Playspaces by Peter Lang Publishing Inc (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $29.46+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe convergence of smartphones, GPS, the Internet, and social networks has given rise to a playful, educational, and social media kwn as location-based and hybrid reality games. The essays in this book investigate this new phemen and provide a broad overview of the emerging field of location-aware mobile games, highlighting critical, social scientific, and design approaches to these types of games, and drawing attention to the social and cultural implications of mobile techlogies in contemporary society. With a comprehensive approach that includes theory, design, and education, this edited volume is one of the first scholarly works to engage the emerging area of multi-user location-based mobile games and hybrid reality games. It is appropriate for undergraduate and graduate courses covering mobile phone or gaming culture, media history and educational techlogy, as well as researchers and the general public.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Adriana de Souza e Silva is Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication at North Carolina State University (NCSU), and Director of the Mobile Gaming Research Lab. She is also a faculty member of the Science, Technology, and Society Program at NCSU. In 2004/2005, she was Senior Researcher at the UCLA Graduate School of Education and Information Studies at CRESST (Center for the Study of Evaluation). Dr. de Souza e Silva holds a Ph.D. in communication and culture from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. From 2001-2004 she was a Visiting Scholar at the UCLA Department of Design / Media Arts. Her research focuses on how locative mobile interfaces change our relationship to space and create new social environments via media art and hybrid reality games. Daniel M. Sutko is a doctoral student in the Communication, Rhetoric, and Digital Media Program at North Carolina State University, where he earned his M.S. in Communication. His research interests include cultural studies, technology and social practices, and the rhetoric of technology. He teaches media history and theory in the Department of Communication and is a research assistant in the NCSU Mobile Gaming Research Lab. His current projects examine how social space is shaped and governed through locative media and disaster management communication technologies.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2009
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number57
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight570 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAdriana de Souza e Silva,Daniel M. Sutko
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.