All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $32.82Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $32.31Trending at AU $39.85
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
About this product
- DescriptionIntroducing Digital Communications into Your Medical Practice discusses how electronic medical records and personal health records w digitize patient information and make it accessible for review and easy to update by both doctors and patients. The text emphasizes on how the use of email and the internet will help patients to schedule appointments, access test results and research healthcare options. In addition, topics discussed include stories on how simple everyday telemedicine tools, such as telephones with cameras attached, enable doctors and nurses to carry on conversations with patients who are homebound and need daily monitoring. The text addresses the legislative initiatives that will protect physician and patients from the unauthorized access to medical records as well as discussing how e-prescribing doctor/pharmacist teams and automated databases help patients manage their medications more effectively. Case studies are also provided to illustrate real life situations showing how this techlogy is deployed and why it is so critical to healthcare.
- Author BiographyNancy B. Finn is President of Communication Resources, a consulting organization that helps small business and start-up companies communicate more effectively with customers, prospects and business, a published author and an adjunct faculty member at Bentley College in Massachusetts. William F. Bria, MD is Chief Medical Information Officer at Shiners Hospital for Children and President of the Association of Medical Directors of Information Systems.
- Author(s)Nancy B. Finn,William F. Bria
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication28/04/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleHealth Informatics
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note14 black & white tables, biography
- Weight449 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.