All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA worldwide digital and wireless communication revolution has taken place in the last 20 years which has created a high demand in industry for graduates with in-depth expertise in digital transmission techniques and a sound and complete understanding of their core principles. Digital communications: Principles and systems recognises that although digital communications is developing at a fast pace, the core principles remain the same. It therefore concentrates on giving the reader a thorough understanding of core principles and extensive coaching in the solution of practical problems drawn from various application areas. The intention is that after studying the material presented, the student will have a solid foundation free of kwledge gaps, and will be fully equipped to undertake digital communication systems analysis, design and computer simulations, and to deal with specialised applications and follow advances in the techlogy. Topics covered include: * overview of digital communication * linear and nlinear channels and systems * sampling of baseband and bandpass signals * quantisation and PCM * source coding and lossless data compression * line codes and modulation * transmission through bandlimited AWGN channels * transmitted digital signals * error control coding * link analysis and design. Many works on emerging digital transmission techniques are largely confined to academic research papers. This book will give postgraduate students and practicing engineers a sound mastery of the subject.
- Author BiographyIfiok Otung is Professor of Satellite Communications at the University of South Wales (USW), dubbed 'Best Lecturer International' by the Students' Union in April 2012. A Chartered Engineer with broad and international experience, Prof. Otung has served as External Examiner in a number of universities in Africa, Asia and Europe and as consultant for several research establishments. He has also presented short courses attended by engineers from leading companies and organisations in Europe. He leads the Mobile & Satellite Communications Group at USW and has supervised around 15 PhD and 85 MSc projects, and authored several books as well as numerous articles in learned Journals and international conference proceedings. Ifiok holds a PhD from the University of Surrey and first class honours and Masters degrees from University of Ife.
- Author(s)Ifiok Otung
- PublisherInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Date of Publication11/02/2014
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleTelecommunications
- Place of PublicationStevenage
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintInstitution of Engineering and Technology
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight1116 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.