All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe formative role played by digital communication in kwledge-based societies is widely ackwledged. Not least, young people's rapid adoption of a variety of social software applications serves to challenge existing forms of communication for learning, since these invations allow and assume users' own creation, sharing, and editing of content. This volume presents advanced research on digital content creation, its socio-cultural contexts, and educational consequences. In the midst of ubiquitous commercial hype about digital invation, as well as policy concerns, the volume offers the sobering perspectives of theory-driven empirical research, in order to examine the complexities, highlight the nuances, and illuminate the pedagogical affordances of creative digital contents. This book brings together the work of an international group of scholars from a range of disciplines including media and ICT studies, education, psychology, anthropology, sociology, and cultural studies.
- Author BiographyKirsten Drotner is Professor of Media Studies at the Institute of Literature, Culture, & Media Studies at the University of Southern Denmark and founding director of DREAM (Danish Research Centre on Education and Advanced Media Materials). Kim Christian Schroder is Professor of Communication at the Department of Communication, Business, and Information Technologies at Roskilde University, Denmark, and Division Chair for the COST project Transforming Audiences, Transforming Societies.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication13/08/2010
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleNew Literacies and Digital Epistemologies
- Series Part/Volume Number46
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2010
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteill.
- Weight650 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byKim Christian Schroder,Kirsten Drotner
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.