All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book showcases ground-breaking methods and techniques that have been adapted from industry and are w being applied by designer-makers. To the uninitiated, these techlogies may seem complex, but this book explains simply and clearly how they have developed, how they work, and their application. Packed full with case studies of artists using these processes, this book demonstrates that outstanding work is possible with the right equipment and kw-how, and argues that designer makers have the mindset, skills and kwledge to creatively engage with these industrial techlogies. The techlogies covered include 2D and 3D digital designing and modelling (including CAD and processing), 3D printing (additive manufacture), reverse engineering (scanning and digitising), CNC machining, laser and waterjet cutting. Featuring a breathtaking selection of work by contemporary makers - many of them early adopters of these techlogies - this book illustrate the exciting potential of these tools to add value to the maker's practice, as well as inspiring and extending their range of work.
- Author BiographyAnn Marie Shillito is a jeweller and the CEO of Anarkik3D Ltd, one of a group of specialist companies currently involved in bringing haptics (virtual touch) technology into the mainstream marketplace. Her work is specifically focused on developing software that will make these new technologies accessible and usable for designer-makers around the world. From 1999-2006 she was a Research Fellow at Edinburgh College of Art. She has received numerous awards and grants for various research projects and her jewellery has been widely exhibited.
- Author(s)Ann Marie Shillito
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note200 colour illus
- Weight510 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.11Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.