About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first digital forensics book that covers the complete lifecycle of digital evidence and the chain of custody. This comprehensive handbook includes international procedures, best practices, compliance, and a companion web site with downloadable forms. Written by world-rewned digital forensics experts, this book is a must for any digital forensics lab. It provides anyone who handles digital evidence with a guide to proper procedure throughout the chain of custody - from incident response through analysis in the lab. It provides a step-by-step guide to designing, building and using a digital forensics lab. It is a comprehensive guide for all roles in a digital forensics laboratory. It is based on international standards and certifications.
- Author BiographyDavid Watson heads up Forensic Computing Ltd, a specialist forensic recovery and investigation company. He is responsible for the coordination and efficient delivery of the computer forensic and electronic evidence recovery services, digital investigations, and provides support for a broad range of investigative, security and risk consulting assignments. He is a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and a Certified Information Forensic Investigator (CIFI), a Certified Computer Crime Investigator (CCCI), an Advanced Certified Computer Forensics Technician (CCFT). In addition to specialised forensic certifications he is a Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP), a Certified Information Systems Manager (CISM) and a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). David has also led Forensic Computing Ltd to ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 certification, making FCL one of very few consultancies to hold such important credentials in the field of forensic services. After 25 years service with the British Army's Intelligence Corps, Andy Jones became a business manager and a researcher and analyst in the area of Information Warfare and computer crime at a defence research establishment. In Sept 2002, on completion of a paper on a method for the metrication of the threats to information systems, he left the defence environment to take up a post as a principal lecturer at the University of Glamorgan in the subjects of Network Security and Computer Crime and as a researcher on the Threats to Information Systems and Computer Forensics. At the university he developed and managed a well equipped Computer Forensics Laboratory and took the lead on a large number of computer investigations and data recovery tasks. He holds a Ph.D. in the area of threats to information systems. In January 2005 he joined the Security Research Centre at BT where he became a Chief Researcher and the head of information. Andy now holds a post as a visiting Professor at Edith Cowan University in Perth, Australia and he is currently the Programme Chair for the M.Sc. in Information Security at Khalifa University in Sharjah, UAE.
- Author(s)Andrew Jones,David Lilburn Watson,David Watson
- PublisherSyngress Media,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/10/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationRockland, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyngress Media,U.S.
- Content NoteApprox. 100 illustrations
- Weight1905 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine38 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.