All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA new and invative form of dissent has emerged in response to the Israeli occupation of Palestine. Dubbed electronic jihad , this approach has seen organized groups of Palestinian hackers make international headlines by breaching the security of such sites as the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange, AVG, Avira, Whatsapp, and BitDefender. Though initially confined to small clandestine groups, hacktivism is w increasingly being adopted by militant Palestinian parties, including Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad, who have gone so far as to incorporate hackers into their armed brigades. Digital Jihad is the first book to explore this rapidly evolving and still little understood aspect of the Palestinian resistance movement. Drawing on extensive interviews with hackers and other activists, it provides a unique and fascinating new perspective on the Palestinian struggle.
- Author BiographyErik Skare is an activist and editor for the pro-Palestinian website Infofada. He is also the author (in Norwegian) of Palestine: A Political Travel Guide.
- Author(s)Erik Skare
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication15/10/2016
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content Noteindex
- Weight295 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine135 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.51Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.