All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the possibilities emerging for design and architecture by the introduction of vel computer-aided design (CAD) and digital manufacturing techniques. The form studies show the translation of digitally conceived structures into 1:1 physical prototypes.The constructs shown here do t pretend to be perfect finalized objects; they are to be seen as experiments with generative CAD tools, algorithms, and scripting applications, although some of the outcomes look like they are ready to be put into mass production.The insights which arose from these experiments are presented and organized within five production techniques: cross segmentation, accumulation, frameworks, loops, and folding.
- Author BiographyThese studies were created dur ing thedesign seminar analogue-digital heldby Aster ios Agkathidis at the TechnicalUniversity Dar mstadt s Faculty ofArchitecture.Aster ios Agkathidis also publishedModular Structures in Design andArchitecture with BIS Publishers, whichis now in its second edition.
- Author(s)Asterios Agkathidis,BIS Publishers
- PublisherBIS Publishers B.V.
- Date of Publication08/07/2010
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationAmsterdam
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintBIS Publishers B.V.
- Content Note100 Images
- Weight150 g
- Width105 mm
- Height150 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.