Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $8.94+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGravity-defying sculptures that can only exist in cyberspace...an interactive opera in which members of the audience become part of the performance...fractal images that rival nature's greatest masterpieces. Digital Mosaics is the first book to explore the new digital media and the variety of art forms emerging from our computer culture. It is destined to change our traditional perceptions and definitions of digital expression.Through the works of cutting-edge computer artists, composers, and designers, Digital Mosaics explores the possibilities of the digital medium and how it radically transforms the way art is produced and understood by the audience. Presenting an astonishing collection of examples, Digital Mosaics illuminates the qualities that make digital expression different from all previous artistic endeavors. From his discussion of the changing meaning of original art -- digital creations are at once infinitely reproducible and essentially ephemeral -- to his insights into the impact this kind of art has on the relationship between artist and audience, Steven Holtzman gives readers an unprecedented look at the new aesthetic that is laying the groundwork for the digital and art worlds of our future.
- Author BiographySteven Holtzman is the author of Digital Mantras and the President and CEO of Perspecta, Inc., and serves on the board of directors of Liquid Audio and other Internet software companies. He lives in Woodside, California. He can be reached at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Steven Holtzman
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication01/07/1998
- SubjectComputing: Consumer Books ('Technical Trade')
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight312 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.