All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLibraries strive to provide access to rights-protected content in a manner that protects both the content creator and the privacy of the user. Digital Rights Management (DRM) encompasses a variety of techlogies and strategies utilized by content owners and managers to limit access to and the use of rights-protected content. Librarians need to understand DRM to effectively enable users to access and use rights-protected digital content while at the same time protecting the privacy of the user. Edited by two librarians who also hold law degrees, this is a best practices guide for front-line librarians on how to best respond to the impact of DRM schemes on collection development, staffing, budget, service, and other library concerns. Designed to address the practical operational and planning issues related to DRM, this guide explores the critical issues and challenges faced by librarians. After reading it, librarians will better understand: *the digital content rights protection scheme; *the various DRM techlogies and how they are used; *how to use authentication and authorization standards, strategies, and techlogies; and, *the privacy and security issues related to DRM.
- Author BiographyCatherine A. Lemmer is library director of Lake Forest Library, Lake Forest, Illinois. Prior to this she was a law librarian and assistant director of information services at Indiana University's Robert H. McKinney School of Law and a research instructor in both the J.D. program and the LL.M. program in American law for foreign lawyers. Carla P. Wale is the head of public services and a research instructor in the J.D. program at Temple University Beasley's School of Law Library. She previously held positions at the Georgetown University Law Center and Northern Illinois University's College of Law.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/09/2016
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Series TitleMedical Library Association Books Series
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight345 g
- Width151 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byCarla P. Wale,Catherine A. Lemmer
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.