All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhotography as an everyday practice is changing dramatically once again. At this moment of transition from analogue to digital, Digital Snaps aims to develop a new media ecology that can accommodate these changes to photography 'as we kw it'. Expert contributors representing varied disciplines demonstrate how and to what extent the traditional social practices, techlogies and images of analogue photography are being transformed with the movement to digital photography. They zoom in on typical, vernacular, everyday practices: the development of the family photo album from a physical object in the living room to a digital practice on the internet; the use of mobile phones in everyday life; photo communities on the internet; photo booth photography; studio photography; and fine arts' appropriation of amateur photography. They explore how this media convergence transforms the media ecology - the networks, objects, performances, meanings and circulations - of vernacular photography, as we research it through ordinary people's use of such new cameras and interactive internet spaces as part of their everyday lives.
- Author BiographyJonas Larsen is Associate Professor, ENSPAC, Roskilde University, Denmark. He is co-author of Performing Tourist Places: Mobilities, Networks, Geographies and The Tourist Gaze 3.0. Mette Sandbye is Head of the Department of Arts and Cultural Studies, University of Copenhagen. She is co-editor of Symbolic Imprints: Photography and Visual Culture.
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2013
- Series TitleInternational Library of Visual Culture
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note35 bw integrated
- Weight449 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJonas Larsen,Mette Sandbye
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $21.91Trending at AU $29.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.