All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRecent years have seen amateur personal stories, focusing on me, flourish on social networking sites and in digital storytelling workshops. The resulting digital stories could be called mediatized stories. This book deals with these self-representational stories, aiming to understand the transformations in the age-old practice of storytelling that have become possible with the new, digital media. Its approach is interdisciplinary, exploring how the mediation or mediatization processes of digital storytelling can be grasped and offering a sociological perspective of media studies and a socio-cultural take of the educational sciences. Aesthetic and literary perspectives on narration as well as questioning from an informatics perspective are also included.
- Author BiographyThe Editor: Knut Lundby is Professor of Media Studies in the Department of Media and Communication at the University of Oslo, Norway. He holds a Dr.philos. in sociology from the University of Oslo. He was the founding director of the interdisciplinary research centre InterMedia at the University of Oslo, focusing on design, communication, and learning in digital environments. He is the director of the Mediatized Stories project which this book draws upon.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Series TitleDigital Formations
- Series Part/Volume Number52
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byKnut Lundby
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.