All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is digital telephony ? To the authors, the term digital telephony detes the techlogy used to provide a completely digital telecommunication system from end-to-end. This implies the use of digital techlogy from one end instru- ment through transmission facilities and switching centers to ather end instru- ment. Digital telephony has become possible only because of the recent and on- going surge of semiconductor developments, allowing microminiaturization and high reliability along with reduced costs. This book deals with both the future and the present. Thus, the first chapter is entitled, A Network in Transition. As baselines, Chapters 2 and 11 provide the reader with the present status of teler-hone techlogy in terms of voice digiti- zation as well as switching principles. The book is an outgrowth of the authors' consulting and teaching experience in the field since the early 1980s. The book has been written to provide both the engineering student and the practicing engineer a working kwledge of the prin- ciples of present and future telecommunication systems based upon the use of the public switched network. Problems or discussion questions have been included at the ends of the chapters to facilitate the book's use as a senior-level or first- year graduate-level course text. Numerous clients and associates of the authors as well as hundreds of others have provided useful information and examples for the text, and the authors wish to thank all those who have so contributed either directly or indirectly.
- Author(s)Bernhard Keiser,Eugene Strange
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/05/2013
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1038 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 1995. Softcover reprint of the original 2nd ed. 1995
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.22Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.24Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.