Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionHow do digital media influence cognitive processes? In the light of the integration of digital media in the everyday life of tertiary education, can one speak of a digital turn? How can these media be used to create a teaching and learning environment that allows a critical, creative and invative generation of kwledge and facilitates and supports new scope for thought and initiative? The contributions to this volume also consider the potentials and limitations of social media from different perspectives in connection with the neoliberal logic and commercial dominance of enterprises such as Google, Microsoft or Facebook. In this context the volume also analyses the student protests at the University of Vienna in 2009 and the interventions of the digital network collective Anymous. The studies point to the development of new practices of representation and identification for demanding freedom, justice and democracy.
- PublisherV&r Unipress
- Date of Publication04/10/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintV&r Unipress
- Weight574 g
- Edited byBrigitte Kossek,Markus F Peschl
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.