All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionFour specific trends are driving the DVR industry: consumer content choice, consumer content control, personalization of content libraries, and the ability to transfer content from device-to-device and person-to-person. Digital Video Recorders features a macro and micro views of the already established yet still burgeoning DVR industry. As part of the NAB Executive Techlogy Briefing series, this book gives you a wealth of market kwledge, business models, case studies, and industry insignts explained in a n-technical fashion. Digital Video Recorders discusses the impact of the techlogy across many different industries and platforms, explains hardware, software and techlogy of set-top boxes, DVR infrastructure, on-screen guides, planning and scheduling, content security, and more. Whether you are an executive in the broadcast, telecommunications, consumer electronic, or advertising space, you will expand your kwledge on DVR impact, explore new business opportunities, and get a brief overview of the technical terms needed. You will also be able to accurately analyze and understand the trends, projections and other data, all of which will help lead to the expedited growth and development of DVR industry.
- Author BiographyJimmy Schaeffler is chairman/CSO of The Carmel Group, a telecommunications, computer, and media industries consultant located in Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA, since 1995. The company provides consulting services with focused expertise in cable, satellite, wireless and telephony, and such new, advanced services as VOD, DVRs, HDTV, interactive TV and satellite radio. Schaeffler's insights and views are reported in such publications as Investor's Business Daily, Time Magazine, Business Week and The Wall Street Journal. He is also a regular speaker at NAB, NCTA Cable Show, and CES.
- Author(s)Jimmy Schaeffler
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/04/2009
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFocal Press
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight521 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.