All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis publication will help all service providers to ensure that disabled children and young people with additional support needs can access services and lead a life as part of their local community, focusing on children who require clinical procedures, children who require moving and handling and children who need intimate care as part of their personal support. Drawing on and including examples of good practice from across the country, Making it work for children with complex health care needs illustrates the ways in which all agencies can work together to develop local policies and procedures to ensure that the needs of this group of children are met in a coordinated and child-centred way. Making it work for children with complex health care needs is one of two companion publications detailing good practice in both inclusive and specialist settings across education, health, social care and leisure.
- Author BiographyJeanne Carlin qualified as a social worker in 1990. She initially worked in child protection in Humberside and then moved on to manage the children's disability service for Hull and the East Riding of Yorkshire. In 2001 she left full time employment to become a Disability Consultant in children's services. Jeanne's interest and passion in this area of work comes from her role as a parent of a young woman, who has multiple impairments and complex health needs. Jeanne is now retired but continues to contribute and campaign in the disability field. Jan Delamore is a trained social worker who has specialised in services to disabled children since 1988. She began working as an independent trainer and consultant in 2002, providing consultancy and training to various local authorities and voluntary organisations in England and Wales. She has also written guidance and a number of publications. As well as her professional experience, Jan brings personal knowledge of the impact of disability on families, having a brother with a learning disability and a grandson who has autism.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication22/10/2012
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNational Children's Bureau Enterprises Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white, and colour)
- Width210 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byAmanda Allard,Jan Delamore,Jeanne Carlin
- Format DetailsA4
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.