Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionProfessor Mukhtar Abduyev's pioneering work was the result of ten years of study, field research and laboratory experimentation on salinized diluvial soils in the foothill plains and steppe of Azerbaijan. At a time of increased demand for agricultural land this work was a most timely contribution to bringing the country's foothill plains, a major soil reserve, into play. Important as the work was for Prof. Abduyev's native land, however, it had even wider implications. Because there are other forms of salinization in Azerbaijan, the work herein facilitated comparative analysis of their distinctive characteristics - common to the arid regions of many other countries. In Diluvial Soils and their Amelioration, as in his other works, Prof. Abduyev moves from rigorous scientific analysis of the problem and its origins to the development of techniques to return salinized land to productive efficiency; a true demonstration of science in practical action. In 1970, the original Russian edition of the work was minated by the Academy of Sciences of the Azerbaijan SSR for the V.V. Dokuchayev Award for distinguished contributions to soil science.
- Author BiographyProfessor Mukhtar Abduyev (1926 - 79), Doctor of Agricultural Science, was respected across the USSR for his work on the amelioration of saline and polluted land. He had a lifelong connection with the Azerbaijan SSR's Institute of Soil Sciences and Agricultural Chemistry, founding and leading the country's first Soil Reclamation Laboratory there. He also inspired many talented students at the Azerbaijan State University and other institutions. In 1970 he was awarded the USSR's medal for Valorous Labour.
- Author(s)Mukhtar Abduyev
- PublisherGarnet Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/05/2012
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Place of PublicationReading
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIthaca Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width171 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.