CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
About this product
- DescriptionDimensions of Development traces the 'development' of Allpachico, a village in the Peruvian central highlands. Susan Vincent examines four aid projects in the area, each following distinct international trends, that took place between 1984 and 2008 within the context of wider state and global political and ecomic systems. A unique historical ethgraphy, Dimensions of Development illustrates how state and NGO projects have drawn Allpachique os deeper into capitalism and have brought about challenges to the local political structure, the comunidad campesina. While highlighting the continual reorganization of the local population into new groups, Vincent also reveals why the comunidad remains the group's preferred form of representation.
- Author BiographySusan Vincent is an associate professor in the Department of Anthropology at St Francis Xavier University.
- Author(s)Susan Vincent
- PublisherUniversity of Toronto Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleAnthropological Horizons
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Toronto Press
- Content Note6 figures; 2 maps; 1 table
- Weight480 g
- Width163 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.