All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $72.00Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionFrom natural catastrophes to horrific human violence to death-dealing social systems, evil calls out ever more dramatically for explanation and understanding. Yet despite millennia of reflection, consensus has developed on the character and dynamics of evil. This masterful survey volume composes a framework that separates out for analysis the many dimensions and aspects of the question of evil and then interrogates the best philosophers, theologians, psychologists, and social scientists of the last one hundred years on the question. Cooper's interdisciplinary focus captures insights from theology, philosophy, and psychology and overcomes the ghettoization of the question. His clear distinction of evil in natural, personal, and social realms allows readers to sort through the many layers and mechanisms of evil and the helpful perspectives that illuminate our world today.
- Author BiographyTerry D Cooper is Professor of Psychology at St Louis Community College in Missouri and co-author of Religious Thought and the Modern Psychologies.
- Author(s)Terry D. Cooper
- PublisherFortress Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/07/2007
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFortress Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.