All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBored with her little brother Pog's childish games, Dindy decides that she's finally grown-up eugh for a real adventure. While her mother is sleeping and the servants are busy, she takes Pog deep into the tea gardens, a place they are never supposed to go alone. Terrified by a wild animals and snubbed by the local children, Dindy starts to realize how little she really kws about India, even though it's the only place she's ever called home. But little does she kw her life is about to be turned upside down when her mother is taken ill and her father tells her they are leaving India, for good. Dindy and the Elephant by Elizabeth Laird is a wonderful portrait of a young British child coming to terms with leaving her beloved childhood home, while at the same time realizing that many of the things she has been raised to believe are wrong.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Laird is the multi-award-winning author of several much-loved children's books, including The Garbage King, The Prince Who Walked with Lions and The Fastest Boy in the World. She has been shortlisted for the prestigious CILIP Carnegie Medal six times. She lives in Britain now, but still likes to travel as much as she can.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Laird
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight211 g
- Width136 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.