All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDisaurs like you've never seen them before-in a book packed with more than 25 hands-on experiments. What do disaurs look like from the inside out? Take a journey with rewned paleontologist Chris McGowan as he examines species from Allosaurus to T. Rex! Along with each creature are experiments that kids can do on their own to make sedimentary rock, replicate a fossil, and uncover how we kw what we kw about disaurs, even though they've been extinct for millions of years. More than twenty-five hands-on experiments include Breaking Bones, which uses chicken bones to see how fossils were preserved; creating a replica of a feathered Archaeopteryx fossil; and using a turkey neck to dissect a Brachiosaurus' bone structure. You'll be a paleontologist in time!
- Author BiographyChris McGowan is retired as the curator in the dinosaur department of Canada's Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto. An esteemed paleontologist and former professor of zoology at the University of Toronto, veteran of dinosaur digs around the world, and the author of several other books for young audiences, Chris lives in Toronto. Erica Lyn Schmidt is a recent graduate of the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, where she won the Best of Show prize in the 2006 graduate exhibition. Among her illustration clients are the Burpee Museum of Natural History in Rockford, IL and the North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences. She lives in Portage, WI.
- Author(s)Chris McGowan
- PublisherSimon & Schuster
- Date of Publication28/06/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2011
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
- Content Notef-c jacket (no fx); f-c full-page art+ f-c and b-w photos + b-w spot art; reflective and digital
- Weight523 g
- Width228 mm
- Height304 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Erica Lyn Schmidt
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.