Dinosaurs of the East Coast by Luther Young, David B. Weishampel (Paperback, 1998)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe great disaur bone beds of the American and Canadian West are world famous and have yielded spectacular fossil finds. But the eastern United States and maritime Canada, where disaurs also roamed in great numbers, have been equally important to the study of these extraordinary creatures. Some disaur fossils have come from the bog iron and clay pits of Maryland and New Jersey, while others have been discovered in the riverbanks of North and South Carolina. Disaur footprint sites have been found from central Virginia to the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia. In Disaurs of the East Coast, David Weishampel and Luther Young restore East Coast disaurs to their rightful place on the paleontological map. They describe such disaurs as the plant-eating Astrodon johnstoni, which browsed in a tropical Maryland jungle 100 million years ago; Anchisaurus polyzelus, which lived in New England some 200 million years ago; Eubrontes, the first large therapod on the East Coast; Pekisaurus olseni, a primitive ornithischian found in North Carolina; and Hadrosaurus foulkii, a duck-billed disaur that lived in New Jersey some 70 million years ago. In addition, they chronicle the long and colorful history of disaur fossil hunting along the Atlantic coast and profile the modern-day fossil hunters-both professional paleontologists and amateur collecters-who continue to make important discoveries today. Richly illustrated with more than one hundred photographs and drawings, Disaurs of the East Coast combines science and history to offer a new look at an always fascinating subject.
- Author BiographyDavid B. Weishampel is associate professor of cell biology and anatomy at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. He is senior editor of The Dinosauria and coauthor of The Evolution and Extinction of Dinosaurs. Luther Young is senior science writer and public information officer at The Jackson Laboratory in Bar Harbor, Maine. Prior to that he was a long-time journalist for the Baltimore Sun, including four years as the newspaper's science writer.
- Author(s)David B. Weishampel,Luther Young
- PublisherJohns Hopkins University Press
- Date of Publication24/09/1998
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationBaltimore, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohns Hopkins University Press
- Content Note220, 110 black & white halftones, 110 black & white illustrations
- Weight527 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $86.95New
- AU $40.99Used
- AU $112.52New
- AU $97.37Used
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.84
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.21
- AU $60.93Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $23.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.