About this product
- DescriptionDior is one of the most revered names in fashion, the archetype of the Parisian couture house. Famous for launching the New Look, Christian Dior s landmark first collection that marked a sea change in women s dress after the Second World War, Dior is kwn today for its exquisite couture line of dramatic dresses. This book comprises a portfolio of portraits of over one hundred incredible gowns from the entire era of Christian Dior haute couture, including dresses designed by Dior himself. All of the images were shot by Patrick Demarchelier, kwn for his exquisite fashion portraits that grace the pages of Vogue, Elle, Harper s Bazaar, Glamour, and many other magazines.
- Author BiographyDior was started in Paris by designer Christian Dior in 1946. In addition to haute couture, Dior also produces ready-to-wear, men s couture, accessories, and perfume. Patrick Demarchelier is one of the best-known fashion photographers in the world. His work appears in top fashion magazines, including V ogue, Elle, Harper s Bazaar, Glamour, and Marie Claire. He also shoots advertising campaigns for couture houses, including Dior, Chanel, YSL, Ralph Lauren, and Calvin Klein. Ingrid Sischy is the former editor-in-chief of Interview magazine and the international editor for Vanity Fair s European editions.
- Author(s)Patrick Demarchelier
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication10/11/2011
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note200 Colour
- Weight2948 g
- Width305 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine33 mm
Most relevant reviews
- avjc5625 Aug, 2016by
I absolutely love this book not only does it give you an insight to the fashion world of Dior it looks amazing on my coffee table.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $16.82New
- AU $7.81Used
- AU $21.29New
- AU $24.95New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.91New
- AU $11.60Used
- AU $32.15New
- AU $20.03New
- AU $20.01New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $21.29
- AU $20.21Trending at AU $25.16
- AU $21.90Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $31.02Trending at AU $31.92
- AU $79.24Trending at AU $90.01
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.51
- AU $41.88Trending at AU $42.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.