All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA gorgeous exploration of the relationship between the haute couture of Dior and the Impressionist movement. Christian Dior grew up in Granville, in Normandy, in a natural environment similar to the setting favored by the Impressionist artists. Throughout his career, he designed dresses that show links with this art movement, such as the elegance seen in the Impressionist paintings, with subtle connections through common themes such as nature, light, color, and the tion of movement. Published to accompany the Impressions Dior exhibition presented at the Musee Christian Dior in Granville, France, this lavish volume features over 150 pieces of gorgeous art including ted artworks by Monet, Reir, Degas, and Manet alongside a magnificent visual tour of Dior garments, from Christian Dior s first designs to Raf Simons s latest collection.
- Author BiographyFlorence Muller is an art and fashion historian and curator of numerous important exhibitions. She is professor at the Institut Francais de la Mode. Philippe Thiebaut is the curator of the Musee d Orsay. Farid Chenoune is a fashion historian and professor at the Ecole Nationale Superieure des Arts Decoratifs.
- Author(s)Florence Muller,Phillippe Thiebaut
- PublisherRizzoli International Publications
- Date of Publication22/04/2013
- SubjectFashion & Beauty
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRizzoli International Publications
- Content Note150 Colour
- Weight898 g
- Width203 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.