All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.22
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $13.84Trending at AU $17.86
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $21.38
About this product
- DescriptionUnable for political reasons to shoot this story in Cuba, the screenwriter/director came up with a solution- a movie (in words). Hoping to find information on alleged Uranium bootlegging between Cuba and South America, an American reporter flies to the island. To her astonishment, her clues take her through an amazing adventure of love, intrigue, and hope... and the discovery of a frightening terrorist plot against the US.
- Author BiographyFAUSTO CANEL was born in Havana, Cuba, where he wrote film reviews and belongs to the generation of filmmakers that developed the ICAIC (Cuban Film Institute). His film Desarraigo (Uprooted), one of his many Cuban films, won the Jury's Special Prize at the San Sebastian Film Festival in 1965 and has become a point of reference to historians of Cuban films. Disappointed with the increasing totalitarianism of the Castro regime, Canel left Cuba in 1968 and established himself in Paris, where for 9 years he directed documentaries for French television. He also wrote and directed the feature film Power Game, a British-Spanish co-production. In the US, he directed Minefield, a feature-length documentary on the return of democracy to the Southern Cone of South America. In 1992, he published Ni Tiempo Para Pedir Auxilio, an autobiographic novel. He has a book of memoirs about to be published.
- Author(s)Fausto Canel
- Date of Publication13/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.