All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConsumers today are continuously demanding more from automobiles in every vehicle class - more power or torque response combined with technical ingenuity. However, the limited crude oil reserves and the ecological impact of vehicle engines are subjects of great interest, as well as being strictly regulated by law. The challenge of the internal combustion engine in moving toward high performance and low consumption/low pollution becomes greater because of a promising competitor in propulsion - the fuel cell operated motor. In this context of challenges and competition, the present development of internal combustion engines shows much more intensity than in the past. Direct Injection Systems: The Next Decade in Engine Techlogy explores new potentials that have been recognized and successfully applied, including fuel direct injection, fully variable valve control, downsizing, operation within hybrid scenarios, and use of alternative fuels. Chapters covered include: Future Engines; Potential of Direct Injection; Direct Injection Concepts; Direct Injection Systems for Spark-Ignition Engines; Direct Injection Systems for Compression-Ignition Engines; Direct Injection Engines in Passenger Cars; Chances, Challenges, and Convergence.
- Author(s)Cornel Stan
- PublisherSAE International
- Date of Publication01/10/2002
- SubjectTransport Technology
- Place of PublicationWarrendale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety of Automotive Engineers,U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight381 g
- Height230 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.