All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDirect Work with Family Groups is full of great ideas to aid engagement, assessment and enable positive change through direct work with family groups. Working with families can be a challenging experience. This book looks at the personal skills needed to engage families, both at home and in the community. It provides guidance on how to assess and manage the needs of individual family members, whilst also being mindful of potential risk factors. With easy to use activities and resources, this book will inspire you to think about creative new ways to plan and carry out your work. Based on tried and tested techniques, this is a must-have for social workers and social work students, as well as child protection workers, therapists, counsellors and child and family centre workers. It is the perfect complement to Direct Work with Vulnerable Children, also by the same authors.
- Author BiographyAudrey Tait is a Senior Practitioner with the Children and Families Practice Team, City of Edinburgh Council. She has over 20 years' experience working with children in social work settings and for the last 6 years has been delivering a training course, Communicating with Children, for the City of Edinburgh Council's Children and Families Department. Helen Wosu is an independent Social Worker and holds an MSc in Advanced Social Work Practice from the University of Edinburgh. She currently undertakes kinship care assessments as well as child development and child protection training.
- Author(s)Audrey Tait,Helen Wosu
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleDirect Work with Vulnerable Families
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight295 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.97
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.