All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the career of Johnnie To, whose art-house action hits include A Hero Never Dies , The Longest Nite , Running out of Time , and Election 2 . The author discusses the symbiotic relationship between director and genre, why To is regarded as an auteur, and the influence he has on the trajectory of the action genre in the Hong Kong cinema.
- Author BiographyStephen Teo is currently a research fellow at the Asia Research Institute, National University of Singapore, and a senior associate of RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia. His latest work is King Hu's A Touch of Zen (Hong Kong University Press, 2007).
- Author(s)Stephen Teo
- PublisherHong Kong University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- ImprintHong Kong University Press
- Content Note97 images
- Weight454 g
- Width155 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.