All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCommended for their social relevance and artistic value, Chinese films remain at the forefront of international cinema, bolstered in recent years by a new generation of talented young filmmakers. Directory of World Cinema: China presents an accessible overview of the definitive films of Hong Kong, Taiwan, and Mainland China, with particular attention to the achievements of prolific industry figures, the burgeoning independent sector, and the embrace of avant-garde practices of art cinema. Spanning a variety of characteristic genres, including horror, heroic bloodshed, romantic comedy, and kung-fu, reviews cover individual titles in considerable depth and are accompanied by a selection of full-colour film stills. A comprehensive filmography and a bibliography of recommended reading complete this essential companion to Chinese cinema.
- Author BiographyGary Bettinson is a lecturer in film studies at Lancaster University in the United Kingdom, and coauthor of What is Film Theory? An Introduction to Contemporary Debates.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication15/03/2012
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleDirectory of World Cinema
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGary Bettinson
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.74
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.18
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.34
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.