Dirty Ground: The Tricky Space Between Sport and Combat by Kris Wilder, Lawrence A. Kane (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $51.94+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book was written to address an important gap that exists in martial arts training. The gap is the space or dirty ground that lives between sport and combat techniques; that is when you need to control a person without severely injuring him (or her). Techniques in this space are called 'drunkle', named after your drunken uncle at the family gathering who needs to be escorted away before he hurts somebody or vice versa. This space reveals itself all too often when friends, family, good Samaritans, crime watchers, and certain types of muggings or robberies get physical. Understand that using the Iron Hammer Fist Punch you learned in karate class will probably put your uncle in the hospital; make your friend your enemy for life; or give the thug, who 'only' wanted your wallet, a chance to sue you for all you're worth. This is t to be taken lightly since you will probably get thrown in jail for excessive force. Kw the three environments: SPORT, DRUNKLE, and COMBAT. Understanding these three environments is vital because what is considered appropriate use of force is codified in law, yet interpreted in the public arena, and actions that do t accommodate these rules can have severe repercussions. Martial art techniques must be adapted to best fit the situation you find yourself in. This book is style agstic. The author's analyze 30 fundamental strikes, kicks and locks, and present 12 well-kwn sport competition forms modified for each of the three vital environments: SPORT, DRUNKLE, and COMBAT. Be smart. Kw how to adapt to a situation.
- Author BiographyKris Wilder is author of seven books and the head instructor/owner of West Seattle Karate Academy. Kris has trained marital arts across the United States and Okinawa, and teaches seminars worldwide. Kris resides in Seattle, Washington with his son Jackson. Lawrence Kane is a martial artist, author, security professional, and a senior manager at an aerospace company. He has authored seven books and numerous articles on martial arts and self-defense. Lawrence resides in Seattle Washington.
- Author(s)Kris Wilder,Lawrence A. Kane
- PublisherYMAA Publication Center
- Date of Publication15/07/2013
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationRolindale, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYMAA Publication Center
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 244 black & white halftones
- Weight354 g
- Width184 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.