All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGET D!RTY Next time you're traveling or just chattin' in Portuguese with your friends, drop the textbook formality and bust out with expressions they never teach you in school, including: * Cool slang * Funny insults * Explicit sex terms * Raw swear words Dirty Portuguese teaches the casual expressions heard every day on the streets of Brazil: What's up? -- Tudo bem? Are those fake boobs? -- Voce tem silicone peito? I need to take a piss. -- Preciso mijar. That goalie is so weak. -- Esse goleiro e uma mae. Shit's about to go down! -- O coro vai comer! I'm smashed. -- To bebum. Let's fuck like animals. -- Vamos trepar como animais.
- Author BiographyNati Vale is a native of Puerto Rico with a Bahian swing in her step. She currently lives in Berkeley, California, where she attempts to finish her dissertation one paragraph at a time. Alice Rose is a Brazil enthusiast who, while she is not working on her Bahian accent, is digging for dinosaur bones in her backyard in Oakland, California. Pedro A. Cabral discovered Brazil in 1500. He spent most of his life in Salvador, Brazil. Due to GPS technology and Google Maps, Cabral has been forced to give up his love for exploration and has retired to the tame Oakland, California, where he has dedicated himself to the art of capoeira.
- Author(s)Alice Rose,Nati Vale,Pedro A. Cabral
- PublisherUlysses Press
- Date of Publication16/09/2010
- SubjectHumour: Collections & General
- Series TitleDirty Everyday Slang
- Place of PublicationBerkeley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUlysses Press
- Content Note20 B&W illustrations
- Weight142 g
- Width114 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.