All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a comprehensive and interdisciplinary examination of disability, hate crime and violence, exploring its emergence on the policy agenda. Engaging with the latest debates in crimilogy, disability and violence studies, it goes beyond conventional tions of hate crime to look at violences in their myriad forms as they are seen to impact upon disabled people's lives. Despite a raft of relevant policy and legislation, few have attempted to draw together research on the disabled as victims of hate crime and violence. This invative volume conceptualizes issues of disability, hate crime and violence and connects empirical research with theoretical insights. Making links between criminal justice policy, social care and welfare, it highlights areas of best practice and makes suggestions for policy and legislative reform. Disability, Hate Crime and Violence is written in accessible language, with minimal jargon and an international focus. Each chapter is grounded in research and practice, with relevant policy and legislation clearly signposted throughout. Disability, Hate Crime and Violence provides a much needed theoretical and practical investigation of the key issues around disabled hate crime and violence. It is an important work for students and academics researching and studying in disability studies, crimilogy, social policy and sociology, as well as those with an interest in domestic violence studies and broader historical and philosophical constructions of disability, violence and social harms.
- Author BiographyAlan Roulstone is Professor of Disability Policy at Northumbria University, UK. Hannah Mason-Bish is Senior Lecturer in Criminology at the University of Roehampton, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/08/2014
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 2 black & white line drawings
- Weight294 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byAlan Roulstone,Hannah Mason-Bish
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.