All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book seeks to explore how disability is understood and the position and experiences of disabled people both within and across different societies. The authors explore the question of politics in relation to specific struggles, providing a wealth of insights and ideas, and examine the nature and value of a social model of disability. They criticize exclusionary barriers while advancing a more democratic and participatory society based on principles of equality, offer cross-cultural insights and present stimuli for debate and further research. The text is accessible, topical, and provides new and invatory thinking. This book will appeal to undergraduate and postgraduate students, lecturers and researchers with interests in education, social policy, sociology and disability studies.
- Author BiographyLen Barton is Professor of Inclusive Education at the Institute of Education, University of London, and is also establishing an Inclusive Education Research Center.
- Author(s)Len Barton
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDavid Fulton Publishers Ltd
- Weight430 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byLen Barton
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.