Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionDisappearing Dreams is the story of a young man's dilemma concerning sobriety. Ather night on the drink, ather disaster with consequences that breaks hearts and destroys dreams. Jack Flowers wakes up with a monumental hangover to find his girlfriend Tatiana has gone into hiding and -one is telling him where she is. After a frantic week of searching he finally tracks her down living with her father five thousand kilometres away in Geraldton, Western Australia. After even further rejection from his bi-sexual, part time lover, Jack sets off on a colourful road trip from Brisbane on the east coast of Australia to Geraldton on the west coast, to win back Tatiana's trust. Jack Flowers is a self-centred and insecure, young man who makes all of life's most important decisions while on the drink. When drunk, Jack is more irresponsible than ambitious and this behaviour masks his yearning desire to find the right woman to love and to share his dreams with. But alcohol is a patient predator. When Daniel got out of the lion's den he didn't go back for his hat. Jack always does. With the travel of time and the messages he receives from the angels that he meets in bars and libraries along the way, Jack finally finds the freedom he seeks. Or does he? Disappearing Dreams is narrated by the main character Jack Flowers. Jack is in his twenties. Inwardly he labels himself an alcoholic but strongly denies this fact if ever challenged. He easily finds love and acceptance from beautiful women but drunken episodes of infidelity destroy his dreams of an ideal life before the paint on a new relationship has had a chance to dry. Disappearing Dreams is an apt description for Jack Flower's life. The author, Rob Swales, is an Australian citizen currently living in Switzerland where he is working on his latest fiction manuscript. He has worked in a range of professions including banking, teaching creative writing in men's high security correction centres and children's theatre. From his work in the correction centre a volume of poetry was published titled The Sweetness of Distortion.
- Author(s)MR Rob Swales
- Date of Publication08/02/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.