All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilip Yancey has a gift for articulating the ktty issues of faith. In Disappointment with God, he poses three questions that Christians wonder but seldom ask aloud: Is God unfair? Is he silent? Is he hidden? This insightful and deeply personal book points to the odd disparity between our concept of God and the realities of life. Why, if God is so hungry for relationship with us, does he seem so distant? Why, if God cares for us, do bad things happen? What can we expect from God after all? Yancey answers these questions with clarity, honesty, and biblical assurance. He points us beyond life's disappointments and the cynicism they can breed to a stronger, wiser faith, a confidence in God's deep love for us, and a thirst to reach t just for what God gives, but for who God is.
- Author BiographyPhilip Yancey serves as editor-at-large for Christianity Today magazine. He has written thirteen Gold Medallion Award-winning books and won two ECPA Book of the Year awards for What's So Amazing About Grace? and The Jesus I Never Knew. Four of his books have sold over one million copies. Yancey lives with his wife in Colorado. Website: www.philipyancey.com
- PrizesWinner of Christianity Today Book Awards: Christianity and Culture Category 1990 and Christian Book Award 1989.
- Author(s)Philip Yancey
- Date of Publication31/01/1997
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1997
- Weight135 g
- Width106 mm
- Height171 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 18 To 99
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.