All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEarthquakes cause devastation, and it is those who are already vulnerable who suffer most from from the repeated destruction of their homes. How can we enable those in disaster-prone areas to both plan for, and recover, in the wake of disasters? This practical manual offers an up-to-date resource covering both an intervention method and technical aspects of disaster mitigation; an important resource for all involved in humanitarian disaster response and planning. The guide includes how to define and organize the intervention project, how to administer the reconstruction work, how to assess beneficiaries and train local people for different roles. The importance of community-based participatory processes is a core strategic approach; people's experiences of past disaster events demonstrates how local kwledge has been used to develop awareness of danger and also help prepare for improved future disaster response and reconstruction. Disaster Risk Management and Reconstruction in Latin America is important reading for development professionals and for all involved in humanitarian disaster risk response and planning.
- Author BiographyBarbara Montoro is a writer who has worked with Practical Action in Peru. Pedro Ferradas works for Practical Action in Peru as the Manager of the Risk Reduction and Prevention team.
- Author(s)Barbara Montoro,Pedro Ferradas
- PublisherPractical Action Publishing
- Date of Publication29/01/2008
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationRugby
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPractical Action Publishing
- Content Note140 black & white halftones, 69 black & white line drawings
- Weight359 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.49Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.