Disce!: An Introductory Latin Course, Volume 1 with Access Code by Thomas Sienkewicz, Kenneth Kitchell (Mixed media product, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $209.87+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $110.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionALERT: Before you purchase, check with your instructor or review your course syllabus to ensure that you select the correct ISBN. Several versions of Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products exist for each title, including customized versions for individual schools, and registrations are t transferable. In addition, you may need a CourseID, provided by your instructor, to register for and use Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products. Packages Access codes for Pearson's MyLab & Mastering products may t be included when purchasing or renting from companies other than Pearson; check with the seller before completing your purchase. Used or rental books If you rent or purchase a used book with an access code, the access code may have been redeemed previously and you may have to purchase a new access code. Access codes Access codes that are purchased from sellers other than Pearson carry a higher risk of being either the wrong ISBN or a previously redeemed code. Check with the seller prior to purchase. -- Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE Designed to bring students to the point where they can read Latin fluently, DISCE! combines the best of both the grammar approach and reading method. An original, unified story provides controlled introduction to vocabulary and grammar in context while also utilizing orderly and clear grammar explanations in every chapter. It thus combines the grammar approach and the reading-based approach. The guiding principle throughout is what is best for the student and for the particular concepts being studied at any given moment. Additionally, Disce! weaves culture throughout the text, and stresses the role of Classical culture in the modern world by the many links drawn between Latin and modern languages, and between Roman practices and modern culture. Disce! is also the first text to be supported by MyLatinLab, providing the most modern course management and online support to a Classical language.DISCE! is for use in introductory Latin programs and is suitable for both high school and college students. 0205997031 / 9780205997039 Disce! An Introductory Latin Course, Volume 1 Plus MyLatinLab (multi-semester access) with eText -- Access Card Package Package consists of: 0131585312 / 9780131585317 Disce! An Introductory Latin Course, Volume 1 0205978878 / 9780205978878 MyLatinLab with Pearson eText -- Access Card -- for Disce! An Introductory Latin Course (multi semester access
- Author BiographyKenneth F. Kitchell, Jr. is professor of Classics at the University of Massachusetts. Prior to this he taught at Louisiana State University for 22 years and he taught high school in Chicago for two years. He also served, in 1989, as the Gertrude Smith Professor and co-director of the Summer Program of the American School of Classical Studies in Athens, Greece. He has won several teaching awards, including The Amoco Foundation Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching (1980), American Philological Association Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Classics (1983), LSU Student Government Association Faculty Award (1991), and the Robert L. (Doc) Amborski Distinguished Honors Professor Award (1993). He was the recipient of a CAMWS Ovatio (1994), and was named a Hewlett Fellow for Teaching (2000-2001) and a General Education Fellow (2009-2010) by University of Massachusetts Amherst. Most recently he was listed in the latest edition of Marquis' Who's Who in the World. He is the author or co-author of seven books, 60 articles, and has presented over 120 scholarly talks. He has been actively promoting the study of Classics for over 30 years, serving as for such groups as the Classical Association of the Middle West and South (President) and the American Philological Association (Vice-President for Education) and The American Classical League (President). His other research interests center on animals and animal lore in antiquity and the Middle Ages and he enjoys writing fiction which, some day, he may find the courage to send to a publisher. Thomas J. Sienkewicz is Minnie Billings Capron Professor of Classics at Monmouth College in Monmouth, Illinois. With Ken Kitchell he is the series editor of the LEGAMUS Transitional Readers, published by Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers. He is the co-author Vergil: A LEGAMUS Transitional Reader (Bolchazy-Carducci Publishers, 2004) and editor of the Encyclopedia of the Ancient World ( Salem Press, 2002) and the Encyclopedia of the Ancient Greek World (Salem Press Inc., 2007). In 2005 he was the recipient of the Hatch Distinguished Faculty Award for Scholarship at Monmouth College. He is also the recipient of the American Philological Association Award for Excellence in Teaching of the Classics, the Illinois Lieutenant Governor's Award for Contributions to Foreign Language Learningm and an Ovatio from the Classical Association of the Middle West and South. At Monmouth College he teaches a wide variety of courses on the ancient world as well as all levels of Latin and ancient Greek. He has designed several innovative courses, including Understanding Spoken Latin and Star Wars and Classical Mythology. With Ken Kitchell he is a founder of National Latin Teacher Recruitment Week. When not teaching or promoting Latin, he enjoys gardening.
- Author(s)Kenneth Kitchell,Thomas Sienkewicz
- PublisherPrentice Hall
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectLanguage Learning: Self Study
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Weight567 g
- Width196 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback / softback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.